Sunday, May 15, 2022

Wesak Weekend ... May 14

A trader selling all kinds of knick knacks at Concubine lane this Wesak weekend

 Trust a senior to forget it’s a holiday weekend ie Wesak day that falls the next day, on Sunday the 15th.

I was on my way to my noon watering hole, the Sinhalese when the traffic reminded me that it was a holiday weekend.

Bumper to bumper ...only on a holiday weekend 

It was cars galore at Oldtown. I had to park one block away and walk to my watering hole passing by Concubine lane

..a transformed Concubine lane from 10 years ago ..


a chic diner on the Lane ...

..totally transformed ... maybe for the better 

It’s a blessing that Ipoh is halfway in between Penang and Kuala Lumpur but its hard on us Ipoh residents at weekend holidays.

..but at the Sinhalese ..Alfred and Kamala with a fellow countryman Melissa ... an oasis of solitude

Amidst all of the hustle and bustle..inside of the Sinhalese it was an oasis of solitude. But all’s well that ends well .... after that cold one.

Cheers 


No comments:

Post a Comment