Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Flying Boulder From Quarry Blasting But No Pre-Alert To Neighbors

Wong Puan Foo poses with a large boulder
A private land owner has reported that blasting from an adjacent quarry had sent boulders flying into his side of his property and endangering his workers.

Wong Puan Foo, the owner said the incident happened at 4.50pm on the evening of Monday 26 August.

“I was at my farm at the time when I heard a loud explosion. I saw debris entering into my property.

When I went to investigate I saw huge boulders and rocks had entered into my side of my property. At the time my workers were working and the ‘flying’ boulders could have been be harmful to them”.

....points to the boulder and rocks 
....... that flew in from over the top 
Wong’s farm is located at Gunong Lannoh, Simpang Pulai and his neighbors are quarry operators.

He said the blast did not fulfill several conditions that should be adhered to ie 1) there was no pre-alert to the nearby owners of a blasting taking place and indicating a date and time and 2) before the blast no warning siren was given.

Furthermore, added Wong, this time the blast was in the evening when it normally would be between 12pm to 1pm.

He would refer the matter to the Minerals and Geoscience Department for further investigation and action.

JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment