Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A Christmas ‘Graduation’

'I did it' ... Beatrice Lim sharing the joy of her 'graduation'....

Beatrice Lim works as a Mission Partner with the Good Shepherd Sisters a job that she has been in for the last 13 years. 

A Mission Partner is a lay person who wants to share in the ministry of Good Shepherd Sisters but does not want to live the life of a religious sister. 

In order to become more adept at the job she enrolled for a course in psychology five years ago. She graduated last December and her convocation has been postponed indefinitely due to the Covid 19 pandemic. 

Nevertheless she decided to celebrate her ‘graduation’ with her colleagues and the Good Shepherd Sisters at their Convent during this Christmas season.

with the Good Shepherd Sisters and ......

colleagues Agnes Ngai (left) Beatrice and Theresa Symons

About her work she said she has fallen in love with the Mission of the Sisters which is working with vulnerable women and children. 

Lim who is from Kuching said that thirteen years back she worked with the Good Shepherd Sisters but on a part time basis. 

“Then I got a taste of doing the ground work and found myself getting hooked. When an opening came by I took the opportunity to work directly with women and children and have been here since. 

I am passionate about the work and about people in general. I had wanted to do a course in social work but psychology was a related subject so I opted for it. 

Now I am working with the Good Shepherd Community Service Centre which is based at No 34 Jalan Wayang, Taman Pertama, Ipoh. 

I feel privileged to work directly with the women and children and I consider it a great blessing".


JAG



No comments:

Post a Comment