Monday, November 12, 2018

‘Kopi – O” A TAPIR & Perak Tourism’s New MASCOT


Hi there. I am Kopi-O, a Malaysian Tapir.

This is my creator Wan Sue Khay, 21, from Ipoh Mali and a graphic designer.


Ms Wan designed me cause I am a Malayan Tapir, an endangered species and she wanted to create awareness and get people to appreciate the animal that I am.

She called me Kopi-0 because of my colour and it being synonymous with Ipoh’s famous coffee.

I am also known as a MASCOT and a sort of AMBASSADOR for the state government’s Perak Tourism sector where I will promote the state within and outside the country.
 
Mr Tan, Ms Wan and my portrait on the wall of Gua Tambun
Did you know that I am part of a Pre-historic drawing at Gua Tambun, Gunung Panjang in Tambun dating some thousand years ago …… and the reason I was chosen as a mascot.

Awesome aren’t I … imagine I have been around and actually have a portrait in stone.


I want to thank Ms Wan and Mr Tan for making me FAMOUS.


Kopi-O

No comments:

Post a Comment